Are you using GIS for ocean or maritime projects? If so, consider giving a presentation about your GIS applications and methods. The Esri Ocean GIS Forum offers two modes for presentations. The first is the paper presentation, which is a 20-25-minute talk supported by PowerPoint and allows time for questions and answers. These presentations are part of topic tracks and are attended by people wanting information in a specific area. The second is the Lightning Talk, which is about five minutes long, wherein the speaker gives a quick overview of a project or method to the large audience in the main hall.
This year, we are particularly interested in presentations in the following categories:
- Coastal Protection and Marine Spatial Planning
- Fisheries and Aquaculture
- Ocean Science
- Fisheries Science and Management
- Coastal Management and Resilience
- Ocean Science Research and Analysis
- Ocean-Use Planning
- Oil Spill Contingency Planning
- E-Navigation and Hydrography
- Ports and Shipping
Whether your talk is a paper presentation or a Lightning Talk, you need to submit an abstract for consideration by August 15, 2014.