Courtesy of Armando Guevara comes this gem:
“ESRI Software R&D Team Circa 1985 –these guys wrote the first operational components of Arc Info – which later evolved into Arc GIS. I personally took this picture and then pasted myself on it.”
- Dave Bishop [PIOS and AutoMap]
- Mark Oliver [DG to UNIX porting]
- Glenn Huibregtse [Prime to UNIX porting]
- Peter Aronson [INFO; Database stuff]
- Scott Morehouse [Chief Software Engineer]
- Tony Lupien [Adddress matching; geocoding]
- Bill Moreland [Arcplot; ArcEdit]
- Armando Guevara [Geometric and Topologic processors (clean, build, clip, etc.); TIN; GRID]
2 thoughts on “ESRI Software R&D Team, circa 1985”
Neat picture! Both Peter and Armando were students of mine at SUNY at Buffalo.
I don’t remember the photo, but I remember that stupid green print of Scott’s in the background
Comments are closed.