It’s that time of year when we take a look back to see how we did. 2010 was a year of growth for GISandScience.com–traffic more than doubled compared to 2009. But more about that later. First let’s take a look at the most heavily visited posts over the course of the year.
Top 15 Posts of 2010
- Accuracy of iPhone Locations: A Comparison of Assisted GPS, WiFi, and Cellular Positioning – 5,706 page views
- Jack Dangermond Talks About GeoDesign at TED 2010 – 2,478 page views
- Spatial Statistics, Geostatistics, and GIS: Free Training Available – 2,378 page views
- Top Five Benefits of GIS – 2,229 page views
- Geospatial Modelling Environment: A Platform Designed for Rigorous Spatial Analysis and Modelling – 983 page views
- Hot Spot Analysis – An ArcGIS Tutorial – 873 page views
- Call For Papers: IJAGR Special Issue on Spatial and Temporal Data Analysis – 832 page views
- Original ESRI Brochure from the Late 1970s – 813 page views
- What Would Happen if the Earth Stopped Spinning? – 798 page views
- “Data for Decision”, 42 Years Later – 720 page views
- James Baker of the Clinton Foundation in The Economist on the Use of GIS for REDD – 706 page views
- GIS/Geospatial Industry Worldwide Growth Slows to 1% in 2009 – 677 page views
- Spatial Statistics in ArcGIS: Free Sample Chapter from the Handbook of Applied Spatial Analysis – 540 page views
- New Spatial Analysis Tutorial Workbook Published – 522 page views
- The Evolution of the Epidemic of Charcoal-Burning Suicide in Taiwan: A Spatial and Temporal Analysis – 481 page views
Perhaps most surprising here is how many of these posts were created not in 2010, but in 2009. I guess there’s nothing like the classics. Now let’s take a look at the most heavily visited pages over the course of the year.
Top 15 Pages of 2010
- Home page – 52,220 page views
- Resources – 2,715 page views
- Books – 2,576 page views
- GeoDesign: A Bibliography – 2,282 page views
- About – 2,152 page views
- Agent-Based Modeling and GIS – 1,261 page views
- Integrating GIS with Models: A Bibliography – 1,212 page views
- GIS and Climate Change Resources – 912 page views
- Interviews – 858 page views
- Bibliographies – 784 page views
- GIS for Climate Change Bibliography, Part 1: Climate Science – 699 page views
- Spatial Statistics and Geostatistics Resources – 696 page views
- Using GIS for Air Quality Management and Air Pollution Assessment: A Bibliography 588 – page views
- History – 475 page views
- GIS for Climate Change Bibliography, Part 5: Disaster Management – 423 page views
2011 saw ~187,000 page views on GISandScience.com (as compared to ~77,000 page views in 2009). Page views for 2010 averaged 513 a day.
The busiest day for the blog was 05 November 2010, with 1,105 page views; the busiest month, November 2010 with 21,060 page views.
Happy New Year everyone!