“The International Cartographic Association (ICA) Commission on Mapping from Satellite Imagery is pleased to invite you to contribute to the ICA Workshop on Advances in Sensors and Algorithms for Topographic and Thematic Mapping.
“This will be a one-and-a-half day event in conjunction with the Special Joint Symposium of ISPRS Technical Commission IV and AutoCarto2010, beginning in the afternoon of 18 November 2010, at the Doubletree Hotel at Entrance to Universal Orlando, Orlando, Florida, U.S.A.
“The workshop will offer a forum for scholars and professionals to showcase their latest research advances in remote sensors and information extraction techniques that are particularly tied with various mapping applications. The workshop topics include but are not limited to:
- Cartographic capabilities of high-resolution optical and active remote sensors
- Development of improved information extraction algorithms
- Topographical and bathymetrical mapping
- Urban feature extraction and landscape mapping
- Hydrographic feature extraction
- Ecological and environmental mapping
- Natural hazards mapping and monitoring
Deadline: 30 September 2010