Registration now open for the 2010 ESRI International User Conference
The ESRI International User Conference (ESRI UC) is a weeklong event that energizes, educates, and inspires the geographic information system (GIS) community. The conference connects industry peers, thought leaders, and technology experts on the topics that matter most—from cloud computing and GeoDesign to the release of ArcGIS 10. Attendees have access to cutting-edge GIS technology, expert advice, demonstrations, and training.
The 30th annual ESRI UC is scheduled for July 12–16, 2010, at the San Diego Convention Center in California. The registration deadline is May 21, 2010, and special rate hotel rooms can be booked for a limited time. More conference information, including participation and a customizable letter of attendance justification, is available at www.esri.com/uc.
“GIS users continue to inspire us with the powerful work they do to make a real difference in the world, and the ESRI UC is their forum for fostering creativity and sharing successful ideas,” said ESRI president Jack Dangermond. “The ESRI UC provides everything users need, whether it’s help with a project or understanding what the latest GIS technology can do for their organization.”
Advantages of attending include
- More than 70 hours of learning, training, and networking opportunities focusing on topics such as GeoDesign, cloud computing, Web 2.0, and green government
- The latest news on ArcGIS 10, including modern interfaces, mapmaking time-savers, easier data creation and management, enhanced editing and sharing capabilities, and new ways to perform analysis and modeling
- Opportunities to connect with peers, thought leaders, and ESRI staff and business partners eager to share their guidance and motivation
- Exposure to practical and proven applications and methods through 600 user presentations, 275 technical workshops, and 100 Special Interest Group (SIG) or Regional User Group (RUG) meetings
The ESRI UC offers a comprehensive agenda including user presentations, technical workshops, and GIS concept and industry-focused sessions. Highlights include the Plenary Session, with engaging keynote speakers and a special youth presentation; a Map Gallery collection of illustrative maps from more than 100 countries; and more than 300 sponsors in the extensive exhibit hall.
Attendees can enrich their conference experience by playing an active part in it. User videos, screen shots, and images are woven into the plenary presentation. The conference Map Gallery and Virtual Map Gallery highlight paper and digital maps created by users. Lightning Talks—new to the ESRI UC last year—are innovative, informal presentations given in five minutes. Plus, attendees can host SIG and RUG meetings, ideal for collaborating with peers of the same interest, industry, or region.
For more information
- Visit www.esri.com/uc.
- Follow ESRI on Twitter: @ESRIUC.
- Visit ESRI UC on Facebook.
- Read the UC Insider blog.
[Source: ESRi press release]