This call is open to all students of geoinformatics, computer science, business informatics, media informatics and other fields associated with geoinformatics, who have not yet completed a master’s degree or diploma in geoinformatics/informatics/computer science. Students are invited to apply, as individuals or in small teams (2 – 3 members).
A jury of prominent members of the GI community will evaluate the submissions and choose the winner:
- Prof. Dr. Edzer Pebesma, Institute for Geoinformatics, University of Muenster
- Prof. Dr. Menno Jan Kraak, ITC International Institute for Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation
- Dr. Ir. Rob Lemmens, ITC International Institute for Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation
- Dr. Andreas Wytzisk, con terra GmbH
- Günther Pichler, ESRI Europe
- Prof. Dr. Antonio Krüger, Deutsches Forschungszentrum für Künstliche Intelligenz
- Prof. Dr. Ulrich Streit, 52°North Initiative.
The winning team has the unique opportunity to further develop its concept together with 52°North students and academic personnel from the sponsoring organizations. Their work should culminate in the implementation of a fully functioning open source software program as a proof-of-concept. A stay at the 52°North Initiative in Muenster is intended for this purpose. Prize money of 1,000 Euros per team member and a maximum of 3,000 Euros per team will be awarded. The prize money is to be paid upon successful completion of the entire work (see applicant information).