What new functionality in ArcGIS 9.4 supports the work of scientists?
ESRI continues to move spatial modeling and analysis tools to the next level. The upcoming ArcGIS 9.4 release will include a number of improvements in the ArcGIS geoprocessing framework and new tools. Coming GIS technology enhancements that will benefit the work of science include:
- 3D: New 3D vector analysis tools.
- Visualization: Expanded graphing and data exploration functionality.
- Statistics: Updated ArcGIS Geostatistical Analyst wizard and new interpolation algorithms and sampling tools.
- Geoprocessing: Improved ArcGIS Spatial Analyst Map Algebra and new fuzzy overlay analysis tools.
- Model Construction and Integration: ModelBuilder usability improvements and significant improvements in Python supporting easier development of custom analysis tools and integration with 3rd party analysis libraries.