Planet Action provides satellite imagery, geographic information and technology support to local projects that investigate and assess climate change issues focusing on human issues, drought & desertification, water resources, forestry, biodiversity, oceans, ice, and awareness.
This year, Planet Action will support additional projects while following up on current projects and their results on the ground.
Submit your project by September 30, 2009.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
Planet Action supports projects involved at least in one of the following domains:
- Biodiversity & Conservation
- Drought & Desertification
- Human Issues
- Forest & Deforestation
- Ice & Snow
- Oceans & Coastlines
- Water Resources
To be eligible for support from Planet Action, projects must:
- Deal with a climate change related issue and propose a course of actions.
- Deal with at least one of the Planet Action “domains”.
- Have a member of the organization who resides in the country where the project takes place or at least during the duration of the projects
- Be proposed by a non-profit organization such as NGO’s, a public laboratory or a university.
- Confirm that the project has no commercial, religious or ideological content or objective.