Planet Action is a non-for-profit collaborative initiative launched in June 2007 to encourage the Earth observation and geographic information professionals to help address climate change-related issues. Planet Action was launched by Spot Image, and partners include ESRI, UNESCO, CNES, CRISP, DEFINIENS, DigitalGlobe, ITT, and NSPO.
Planet Action will be holding two panel discussions at the ESRI International User Conference in San Diego, California on Thursday, 16 July 2009.
Session I: 1:30 p.m. to 2:45 p.m.
Session II: 3:15 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Location: Room 32 A
With more than 30 ground station partners, Planet Action is truly an international effort. Come hear from a selection of our 85 grantees from around the world about their on-the-ground projects and how they have made use of their spatial technology grants from Planet Action.
- Mario Hernandez, UNESCO
- Peter Ndunda, Green Belt Movement
- Aurelie Shapiro, WWF
- Andrew Scanlon, Eco-Institute
- Rosanna Rivero, Everglades Foundation
- Pierre Duquesne, Brazil Spot Image
- Dr. James Sheppard, Center for Reproduction of Endangered Species (CRES)
- Nancy Briggs, Orangutan Foundation International
- Birute Galdikas, Orangutan Foundation International
- Leslie Bolick, Orangutan Foundation International