ESRI has released a new e-book called “GIS is a Green Technology.” The stories included in this e-book detail GIS-based applications for innovative, sustainable solutions to many of today’s common environmental problems. Some of the stories featured in this e-book include:
- The Big Sky State Taps Wind Resources
- Harvesting Efficiently Using Mobile GIS
- Carbon Dioxide Sequestration Communications Supported by GIS
- Idaho Power Company Protects the Lifeblood of the State
- Ethanol Buzz Fuels GIS Planning by Colonial Pipeline Company
- Boston Showcases Solar Power Potential with Web GIS
- GIS for the Sustainable Management of Fish Stocks
You can download the free e-book from the ESRI web site.
And coming soon in this ever-expanding series of e-books is a new one called “GIS for Planetary Science”, which covers non-Earth applications of GIS. I’ll make an announcement when it is available (later this month or early March).