Deadlines Approaching for URISA Awards and Student Competition
The May 2010 URISA Calendar is full of deadlines for URISA programs.
GIS Hall of Fame – Nominations Due May 1
URISA is seeking nominations for it’s GIS Hall of Fame which recognizes and honors the best in GIS. The selection criteria for this honor are:
- At least 25 years of sustained professional involvement in the GIS field.
- Original and creative contributions to the field.
- Well known and respected by a wide range of peers.
- Consistent demonstration of sound professional and personal ethics.
2010 Student Competition – Submissions Due May 1
This year’s Student Competition consists of a three-tiered approach:
- Papers (graduate students)
- Presentations (undergraduate students)
- Posters (community college and GIS certificate students)
Exemplary Systems in Government (ESIG) Awards – Submissions Due May 3
URISA’s ESIG Awards recognize extraordinary achievement in the delivery and quality of government services through the application of geospatial information technology.
Information about all URISA Awards is detailed online: www.urisa.org
[Source: URISA press release]